“Scrap” in the news
|sold for scrap|
|up for scrap|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Man City vs Bournemouth prediction: How will Premier League fixture play out tonight? →
Eddie Howe’s side are desperately scrapping for survival, with a surprise victory against Leicester last week pulling the Cherries to within there points of safety.
· SI All-American Candidate Trenilyas Tatum Highlights and Evaluation →
He reads the down lineman in front of him really well, and scraps with perfection to the point, oftentimes arriving in the hole before the back even does.
· Kate Middleton heartbreak: Royal protocol ready to be BROKEN to protect Prince George →
However, it seems they could be set to scrap one of the oldest royal traditions.
· Trump trades arenas for Rose Garden in attack on Biden →
The speech came as Trump has been forced to reassess his ability to hold his familiar campaign rallies, days after his campaign scrapped its second attempt at staging them in the coronavirus era on Saturday in New Hampshire.
The New York Times
· Trump Administration Strips C.D.C. of Control of Coronavirus Data →
“The whole thing needs to be scrapped and started anew,” said Dr. Dan Hanfling, an expert in medical and disaster preparedness and a vice president at In-Q-Tel, a nonprofit strategic investment firm focused on national security.
· Trump signs Hong Kong autonomy act, ending trade preferences →
Looking ahead, the Trump administration is poised to scrap a 2013 agreement between US and Chinese auditing authorities that allows Chinese companies to list shares on US stock exchanges, a senior State Department official said.
· The Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln tried to stop death to key character 'Made a mistake' →
While both Axel and The Governer's deaths took fans by surprise, actor Temple has now revealed the show's leading man fought hard to have his death plot scrapped.
· Coronavirus may force Trump nominating convention outdoors →
Florida's virus count has soared since it was chosen to host the convention after Trump scrapped long-laid plans to accept the party's nomination in Charlotte, North Carolina.
· Arlington Public Schools switches to remote learning for fall, reversing course →
In a surprise move, Arlington Public Schools is scrapping an earlier plan to offer both in-person and virtual learning this fall and will instead require its 28,000 students to start the school year 100 percent online.